Search Constraints
« Previous |
51 - 60 of 1,224
|
Next »
Search Results
- Description:
- Circa 1960s. Exterior image of Old Main. Viewed from the corner of Cass and Hancock. Malcomson and Higginbotham, 1896. Originally Central High School, Old Main is Wayne State’s place of origin and now a university icon. The stately Romanesque Revival composition is softened by the buff-colored brick. Under the leadership of David Mackenzie, a junior college was begun in the building in 1917. In 1926, high school classes left the building and the growing college took over all the space in the stately structure. Dated July 12, 1967.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- 1967-07-12T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1950s. Exterior image of construction of addition to Old Main. Malcomson and Higginbotham, 1896. Originally Central High School, Old Main is Wayne State’s place of origin and now a university icon. The stately Romanesque Revival composition is softened by the buff-colored brick. Under the leadership of David Mackenzie, a junior college was begun in the building in 1917. In 1926, high school classes left the building and the growing college took over all the space in the stately structure. Dated January 9, 1950.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- 1950-01-09T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa unknown. Contact sheet of exterior images of Old Main. Malcomson and Higginbotham, 1896. Originally Central High School, Old Main is Wayne State’s place of origin and now a university icon. The stately Romanesque Revival composition is softened by the buff-colored brick. Under the leadership of David Mackenzie, a junior college was begun in the building in 1917. In 1926, high school classes left the building and the growing college took over all the space in the stately structure.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1990s. Old Main renovation June 1996 through January 1997. Photographs by Patricia Bartkowski, University Archives. Image of Interior of clock tower. Close up of graffiti on I-beam. 28 J. Sheppard/ Bob Seeley is some of the graffiti. Malcomson and Higginbotham, 1896. Originally Central High School, Old Main is Wayne State’s place of origin and now a university icon. The stately Romanesque Revival composition is softened by the buff-colored brick. Under the leadership of David Mackenzie, a junior college was begun in the building in 1917. In 1926, high school classes left the building and the growing college took over all the space in the stately structure. Renovation and addition by Ghafari Associates 1997.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- [1990 TO 1999]
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Barracks type housing located around Old Main.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- [1950 TO 1959]
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1940s. Cass Ave. viewed northwest across Putnam about 1948.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- [1948 TO 1948]
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1960s. Entrance to Law Building. Date April 3,1969.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- 1969-04-03T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1950s. Exterior image of the Mortuary Science Department. Located 624 West Alexandrine.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- [1950 TO 1959]
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1990s. Old Main renovation June 1996 through January 1997. Photographs by Patricia Bartkowski, University Archives. Image is of one the entrances that leads to a staircase during the renovation. Malcomson and Higginbotham, 1896. Originally Central High School, Old Main is Wayne State’s place of origin and now a university icon. The stately Romanesque Revival composition is softened by the buff-colored brick. Under the leadership of David Mackenzie, a junior college was begun in the building in 1917. In 1926, high school classes left the building and the growing college took over all the space in the stately structure. Renovation and addition by Ghafari Associates 1997. Dated August 2, 1996.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- 1996-08-02T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection
- Description:
- Circa 1950s. Construction of Community Arts Center. Suren Pilafian Architect. Taken May 20, 1955. View looking Northeast. Belcrest in background to right.
- Notes:
- Collection located at the Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan. To schedule an appointment to view the original image or order high resolution copies, contact the Walter P. Reuther Library AudioVisual Department at reutherreference@wayne.edu., When this material is shared, credit shall read: Walter P. Reuther Library, Archives of Labor and Urban Affairs, Wayne State University, and This metadata was created by Wayne State University Library system based on original description by the Walter P. Reuther Library
- Date Issued:
- 1954-05-20T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- Wayne State University. Libraries and Walter P. Reuther Library
- Collection:
- Wayne State University Buildings Collection