Search Constraints
« Previous |
361 - 370 of 710
|
Next »
Search Results
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- Due to the increasing weight and train traffic the Michigan Central RR Bridge was built to replace the Michigan Central Cantilever Bridge. Its construction was delayed by WWI, but it was completed in 1925 by Michigan Central's engineer H. Isben and still exists today. For more information see: Spanning Niagara: The International Bridges 1848-1962 (Seattle: Univ. of Washington Press, 1984).
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- This bridge was destroyed during WWII.
- Date Issued:
- 1905-01-01T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- Designed by Paul Séjourné.
- Date Issued:
- 1908-01-01T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- Munchen
- Date Issued:
- 1903-05-01T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- The Kansas City Terminal Railway was built to serve the transportation needs of Kansas City. Construction began after 1903 and the railway is still in use today.
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- From the early 19th century on many plans had been proposed for building a bridge at this site, but it was not until the early 20th century that plans for a bridge began to be carried out. Many commissions and committees in both Pensylvania and New Jersey were formed and in 1918 the consulting engineers Waddell and Son were hired to examine the possibility of a Delware River crossing. In 1919 the states of Philadelphia and New Jersey worked together to create the Delaware River Bridge Joint Commission and they were given permission to build. The chief engineer for the bridge was Ralph Modjeski with Clement E. Chase as assistant engineer, Leon S. Moisseiff as the engineer of design, and Paul P. Cret as the architect. By 1921 a site for the bridge was chosen and construction began in January of 1922. The bridge opened on July 1, 1926 and is today known as the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. For more information see: Delaware River Port Authority, The Delaware River Bridge Twenty-Fifth Anniversary (not published, 1951).
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- From the early 19th century on many plans had been proposed for building a bridge at this site, but it was not until the early 20th century that plans for a bridge began to be carried out. Many commissions and committees in both Pensylvania and New Jersey were formed and in 1918 the consulting engineers Waddell and Son were hired to examine the possibility of a Delware River crossing. In 1919 the states of Philadelphia and New Jersey worked together to create the Delaware River Bridge Joint Commission and they were given permission to build. The chief engineer for the bridge was Ralph Modjeski with Clement E. Chase as assistant engineer, Leon S. Moisseiff as the engineer of design, and Paul P. Cret as the architect. By 1921 a site for the bridge was chosen and construction began in January of 1922. The bridge opened on July 1, 1926 and is today known as the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. For more information see: Delaware River Port Authority, The Delaware River Bridge Twenty-Fifth Anniversary (not published, 1951).
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection
- Notes:
- cathedral built, 1229-1382; 1257 - apse done; 1259-64 - Dome built; 1299 - lower facade, Giovanni Pisano; 1317 - northeast apse extension begun by Camaino di Crescenzo; 1339 - work on new nave begun by Lando di Pietro, later by Giovanni di Agostino; 1348 - Plague stopped work; 1369-1376 - facade done; 1382 - apse done
- Date Issued:
- 1462-01-01T00:00:00Z
- Data Provider:
- University of Michigan. Libraries
- Collection:
- Art, Architecture and Engineering Library, Lantern Slide Collection