McCracken Hall, side entrance, Western State Teachers College

Exterior of William McCracken Hall at the time of construction in 1949. It was used as a chemistry facility. The first building on West Campus, McCracken Hall was named after well-known faculty member, William McCracken, head of the chemstry department from 1907-1939. A Paper Industries Laboratory was added to McCracken Hall in 1959 to support the nation's second Paper Technology program. One wing was torn down in 2017. The building was demolished in 2019.
Date Created:
Data Provider:
Western Michigan University. Libraries
Western Michigan University Archives Photograph Collection
Kalamazoo (Mich.)
Subject Topic:
Western Michigan University. McCracken Hall, Western Michigan University--Buildings, Western Michigan College of Education--Buildings, McCracken, William, 1864-1940, Historic buildings--Michigan--Kalamazoo, and Chemical laboratories
This material is protected by copyright. Copyright held by Western Michigan University, all rights reserved. For additional information, please contact the Western Michigan University Archives, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.