- Robert "Bob" Huxtable Oral...
Robert "Bob" Huxtable Oral History
- An oral history from Robert "Bob" Huxtable. He grew up on a family farm in the Delta Mills area of greater Lansing in the early 20th century, attended MSU, and spent most of his career in the paper and printing industry. He had a strong interest in automobiles and was the owner of a Curved Dash Oldsmobile, to which he made some modifications. He also liked inventing things and was working on a soda machine at the time of this interview. Bob Huxtable was interviewed by James Walkinshaw and Helen Jones Earley on August 11, 1988 at the Oldsmobile History Center in the Oldsmobile Education and Development Center, North. The original audio recording of this interview has several instances of distortion and other problems that were not able to be corrected during the digitization process. A transcript for this recording is linked below with the audio file.
- Date Created:
- Data Provider:
- Capital Area District Library (Lansing, MI). Forest Parke Library and Archives
- Voices of Lansing Oral Histories
- Subject Topic:
- Oral history, Cities & towns, Biographies, Lansing (Mich.), Delta Mills (Mich.), Paper industry, Printing industry, Automobiles, and Inventors
- In Copyright