Shepard house

Shepard house

Description:

Dr. Charles Shepard was the second physician in Grand Rapids (Dr. Stephen A. Wilson being the first), and also operated the first drug store. The house was built in 1843 and torn down in 1890. Ca. 1880. His home is listed in the 1859/60 City Directory as being on the east side of Justice between Fountain and Pearl. Justice later became Ottawa Ave.

Subject Topics:
Dwellings,